Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

a new outlook at 37 weeks

If you had spoken to me as I approached 37 weeks, you probably would have heard that I was counting down to this milestone.  You see, 37 weeks is the official green light in pregnancy that proclaims, "YOU'RE FULL TERM, YOU MAY NOW PASS GO!" I must admit, I was really excited about this week and was strongly encouraging Baby Love that it was A-OKAY to make her appearance sooner than later, just because she could!

As I sat in the doctor's office yesterday afternoon, my entire perspective quickly changed. I found out that despite being head down just a couple of weeks ago, Baby Love is now transverse.  For those of you who have no clue what that is...she's lying sideways in my belly. This position = no bueno for vaginal delivery [insert sad face].

So with this unexpected news, I am now very glad that I have 3 whole weeks to D-day so that she can get in the right position.  While the likelihood of this happening diminishes with each passing day, one thing I have on my side is the amount of amniotic fluid she's in.  There seems to be lots of it, which means baby girl is able to live it up a little more than the average Joe.

This mama over here has already started to seek out what can be done to get her movin'. I started doing some of the very awkward positions and will be making an appointment with a chiropractor very soon in hopes that he can work his magic.  I think these things mixed with prayer is a good combination for success!  I am starting to realize that whatever is best for baby will ultimately happen and all will be well in the end!

I would greatly appreciate your prayers in the next few weeks as we near the end of my pregnancy...thanks friends!

5 comments:

  1. Great Post, Honey! Baby Love, get into position for delivery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm so looking forward to meeting her, and I'll be in prayer about her positioning and safe delivery!

    Funny sidenote: I'm in the office, and I wanted to click on "awkward positions" but somehow felt like my officemates would become intrigued and ask why I was looking at it, so I decided that I will take a peek at the link when I get home. lol.

    ~Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! our little girl was breech too until we got her flipped manually at 38 weeks. Dr. Labban, our OB has a really high success rate for external versions if that's something you'd be interested in. Don't stress too much; many babies flip on their own at the last minute. Keeping you in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just agreed with you in prayer. I know God will do His thing. Excited for Baby Love to make her grand entrance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers! At this point, we're very hopeful that she will move. I'll keep everyone posted!

    ReplyDelete