Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

mommy moments

I can't believe I'm coming up on nearly two months of being a mama.  Seriously, where has the time gone? A friend recently asked me how it was being at home and if I was bored...ha ha! It's been quite the contrary so far. My days seem to fly by and I don't even know where the time goes. This has definitely been a good opportunity for me to slow down the pace a bit and truly savor the moment rather than trying to do it all.  And I must say, it's been difficult at times to allow myself to do that without feeling guilty that I'm not doing more.

I'm just now starting to juggle life at home, which includes cooking, cleaning AND taking care of my precious girl. I thought I would just share some of my most favorite moments each day...

  • Snuggles with London: After the much loved 'milk coma' [when she's completely passed out from having a full belly], London likes to curl up in a little ball and rest her head on her arms against my chest. I have to admit, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It's something about knowing that I've taken care of my daughter and that she finds such comfort laying on her mama.  
  • With the sleep deprivation that comes with having a newborn, it's pretty difficult to find devotional time with the Lord.  Much to my surprise, the wee hours, as in 3am & 4am have become perfect for this.  Prior to giving birth, I didn't really come up with a game plan on when and how devotional time would happen, but it kind of formed on its own. Oh, how my soul needs this time!
  • Recently, baby girl has been cooing quite often. I love to just watch her have a conversation with herself or mommy and daddy with such animation. The other day, we videotaped it for her Papa [my dad] and as we were watching it, she started cooing in response to the video. I think she got excited all over again. It's the cutest thing ever!
  • The list can go on and on, I promise, so I'll just leave you with this last one...I mentioned before that she is now starting to smile when she's awake.  Initially, it was when she first woke up in the morning [who did she get that from...definitely not me!], but now, it's when we come near her or when we talk to her. Her smile lights me up and has become one of my favorite things.
As you can see, this mama is completely smitten :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it Samaria...(yay I finally joined your blog). ;)

    ReplyDelete